A mindset popularized by Carol Dweck, a psychologist at Stanford. There are two mindsets she described:
- Growth Mindset - You believe that you can learn new skills and grow with effort.
- Fixed Mindset - You believe you don't and can't change much. Either you are good at something, or you aren't. Period.
- More Resilience
- Higher self-confidence
- Increase in satisfaction and wellness
- Avoids blame and victimization
- Pick a hobby you have always wanted to learn, but were "bad at." (eg: art, language, writing, cooking, etc)
- Adopt a Growth Mindset and tell yourself you can learn.
- Pick a duration of time you will try out the hobby. Eg: 1 month
- Try the hobby and try working at it, even if you feel "bad" at it.
- Reflect at the end of your time interval. How do you feel about the hobby? How do you feel about yourself?